It’s no wonder that December is the busiest month at the post office as thousands of holiday greeting cards are sent around the world. This year, save yours from a trip to the recycling bin and follow the second “R” of “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.”
Here are just a few ideas of what you can do with all those Christmas cards.
- Make them into gift tags for next year.
- Cut off the backs off old holiday cards and use them as thank you cards or postcards next year.
- Turn them into gift boxes. (Find directions here and here.)
- Make them into ornaments.
- Turn them into bookmarks.
- Paste a smaller photo on the card to create a festive border. Frame the finished product to use as a holiday decoration, or turn it into an ornament.
- Make a luminary.
Now matter what you do, think about easy or crafty ways to reuse your cards and make sure to recycle the scraps!