We’ve mentioned hummus a few times before, but I’ve been making a lot of it lately so here is my new recipe for an old favorite. It’s way better than the packaged stuff!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- couple shakes of ground cumin powder
- couple shakes of cayenne powder
- couple shakes of garlic powder (or 1-2 cloves)
- couple teaspoons of salt
Throw it all together in a food processor and add just a touch of water to get it all moving along nicely. Puree to your desired consistency. It’s lovely with fresh veggies or try it with some won ton chips.